Home » Student Services » Admissions & Records » Enrollment Verifications

Enrollment Verifications

Contact: Yesenia Bustos Valdovinos
Office: Admissions and Records One Stop Center Building A300
Title: Admissions and Records, Assistant


ATTENTION: Due to COVID-19 pandemic, in-office enrollment verification requests will not be processed until further notice. You can obtain an official Enrollment Verification Certificate at any time via the Clearinghouse Web site at: 

What is an enrollment verification?

Each student who has an academic record on file at Cuyamaca College and who is not in arrears to the college with regard to fees, tuition, loans or other charges may request verification of enrollment. Such verifications are normally used to verify enrollment for insurance purposes, scholarships, student worker eligibility, employment references, etc. A verification may also be requested, when necessary, to prove that a student did not attend Cuyamaca College.

Grossmont College enrollment can be included with your Cuyamaca College verification. If you only attend Grossmont College, you must contact Grossmont College to receive a Grossmont College enrollment verification.

How do I request an enrollment verification from Cuyamaca College?

Enrollment verifications can be requested in person in the Admissions and Records Office or the form is provided online under the forms depot labeled "Authorization to Release Information".  If requesting online the form must be filled out, signed, and either faxed or mailed into the Admissions and Records Office.  There is a $3 fee for the 3-5 business day processing or we do offer a rush 2 business day processing for $5.  Once completed it can be mailed to an address provided or picked up by the student with a photo ID in the Admissions and Records Office.  The student is the only one that can pick up their Enrollment Verification.  They cannot authorize anyone else to pick it up.  If requested for pickup in the Admissions Office we will hold your enrollment verification for 6 months then it will be shredded and a new one must be requested.

Cal Grant GPA Submission Information

For College students with 16 or more completed units:
  • GPA data will be submitted on time automatically for students with 16 or more completed college-level college units by the Cuyamaca College Admissions and Records Office. You do not have to do anything aside from making sure all of your official transcripts have been submitted to the Admissions and Records Office for evaluations and unit calculation. All official transcripts must be submitted by February 13th.
For College students with less than 16 completed units:
  • GPA data should be submitted by the student's high school for students who are in high school or who are high school graduates and who have completed less than 16 college-level college units. Please contact your high school or visit CSAC's website, for the GPA/GED Verification form and more information.
  • GED test scores should be submitted by the student for students who passed the GED test and who have completed less than 16 college-level college units. Please visit CSAC's website, for the GPA/GED Verification form and more information.

Common Application

If you are applying to a college/university through the Common Application. Please be sure to follow these directions to complete your transfer application.

Student Full-Time/Part-Time status

For purposes of enrollment verification the following table defines enrollment status at Cuyamaca College:
Status Fall/Spring Summer
Full-Time 12 units or more 6 units or more
Part-Time 6 - 11 units 3 - 5 units

How do I request an enrollment verification from the National Student Clearinghouse?

To conveniently serve Cuyamaca College students around the clock, Cuyamaca has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent to provide enrollment and degree verifications.  You can obtain an official Enrollment Verification Certificate at any time via the Clearinghouse Web site at:
  1. Click on the "Verify Now" button
  2. Click the appropriate options and fill out the requested information. There is a $2.50 charge per certificate which can be billed to your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.
  3. Print your Enrollment Verification Certificate.

If you have questions regarding the EnrollmentVerify service, please call 703-742-4200. This Enrollment Verification Certificate can be presented to health insurance agencies, housing authorities, consumer product companies, banks, etc., when asked to provide official evidence of enrollment at Cuyamaca College.

You can obtain a degree verification at any time via the National Student Clearinghouse Website at or mailing address: National Student Clearinghouse, 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171. The cost for this service is $9.95 which can be billed to your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.

EnrollmentVerify FAQ

Q: What is EnrollmentVerify?
A: EnrollmentVerify is a Web-based system that provides instant enrollment verifications for student service providers.
Q: Who do I contact if I have questions regarding EnrollmentVerify?
A: Phone: 703-742-4200 (Mon - Fri: 9:00am to 7:00pm EST)
Fax: 703-742-4239
Q: Does The Clearinghouse Sell Student Lists For Commercial Purposes?
A: Absolutely not! We verify the information entered by the requestor using the directory information that you provide to us. We do not confirm or release nondirectory information, including date of birth.
Q: Does EnrollmentVerify Comply With FERPA?
A: Yes. Like all Clearinghouse programs, EnrollmentVerify is fully compliant with FERPA. We respect the policies governing release of student data to third parties of all participating institutions. To further protect privacy, we employ the latest encryption technologies and maintain an audit trail of all verification requests that you can view via our secure Web site.
Q: What Happens When Enrollment Cannot Be Verified?
A: Most enrollment verification requests are confirmed instantly. When enrollment is not verified, it is due to one of the following reasons:
  • Student has a privacy block on the record.
  • Your school has not sent us the record or has placed a hold on it.
  • Requestor wants to verify information that you have not designated as directory information or that schools do not provide to us (e.g., GPA).
  • Student is not currently enrolled.
  • We cannot identify the requested record (often because the requestor has entered incorrect information).
Whenever enrollment cannot be confirmed, the requestor is instructed to contact the student to obtain additional or corrected information or to request that the student provide alternate enrollment verification.

Students will need to submit an enrollment verification request by fax (619-660-4575) or in person.
Last Updated: 03/17/2020
  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District