Home » Student Services » Admissions & Records » Transcripts - Incoming

Incoming Transcripts

Contact: Emilio Nunez
Office: Admissions and Records
One Stop Center Building A300
Title: Admissions and Records, Assistant Senior

Where Do I Send Transcripts?

Cuyamaca College only accepts official transcripts for evaluations, graduation, academic renewal, and prerequisite clearance purposes. Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope. Transcripts received opened will automatically be disposed of.

Transcripts may be mailed to:

Cuyamaca College
Admissions and Records
900 Rancho San Diego Parkway
El Cajon, CA 92019

Or you may hand deliver an official transcript in a sealed envelope to the Admissions and Records office in A-319 located in the One-Stop Student Services Building off of the Fury Lane Entrance.


Due to COVID-19, Cuyamaca College is closed until further notice.

All incoming transcripts can be mailed to the address above. However, due to technology constraints, official transcripts may not be processed or evaluated until further notice. If your institution offers an electronic service this may be a faster method for us to receive and process official transcripts at this time. For questions, email the address above and we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.

Accepted Accreditation

Colleges and Universities must ensure the quality of the education they offer by adhering to a specified set of evaluation criteria determined by private educational associations called accrediting agencies. Colleges and universities that meet an agency's criteria are then "accredited" by that agency.

To be accepted by the Grossmont Cuyamaca Community College District, your courses must have been taken at an institution regionally accredited by one of the following agencies:

Abbreviation Accrediting Association
MSA Middle States Association (of Colleges and Schools)
NASC Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
NCA North Central Association (of Colleges and Schools)
NEASC-CIHE New England Association of Schools and Colleges - Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
SACS Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
WASC-ACCJC Western Association of Schools and Colleges - Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
WASC-ACSCU Western Association of Schools and Colleges - Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities

What is the school code for Cuyamaca?

When submitting test scores from the College Board (CLEP, AP, etc.) Please use:

College Board Code: 4252

Please note that this code is different than the code you will use when filling out the FAFSA or other financial aid applications. Please visit the financial aid webpage for more information.

Official transcripts from foreign schools

Beginning with the fall 2000 semester, official transcripts from foreign schools may be accepted by Cuyamaca College.

Transcripts (educational credentials) issued in foreign countries from non-American system institutions and those in languages other than English require special handling. Each foreign transcript must be translated into English and submitted to one of the companies listed below for an official evaluation.

Cuyamaca College accepts evaluations of foreign transcripts ONLY from the following two (2) Academic Evaluations companies:

  1. Los Angeles Location*
    Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI)
    9854 National Boulevard, Box #186
    Los Angeles, CA 92234 USA

    Monterey Park Location*
    333 W. Garvey Street, Box 254-B
    Monterey Park, CA 91754

    West Los Angeles Location*
    333 W. Garvey Street, Box 254-B
    Monterey Park, CA 91754

    *NOTE: This mailing handling facility accepts; DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. No walk-ins.

    Toll-Free: (800)-234-1597 (US Only)
    Telephone (310) 275-3530
    FAX (310) 275-3528

  2. International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF)
    P.O. Box 3665
    Culver City, CA 90231 USA
    Web Site
    Telephone (310) 258-9451
    FAX (310)

You will need to contact the evaluation company you select for their particular foreign transcripts evaluation procedures. Once completed, have the evaluation report mailed to the Evaluations Office, Cuyamaca College, 900 Rancho San Diego Parkway, El Cajon, CA 92019.

Cuyamaca College's procedures for the evaluation of foreign transcript:

  1. We must receive a detailed evaluation report with subject breakdowns, course descriptions and grades from the official foreign transcripts. The official report must be in English and in a sealed envelope.

  2. The official report will be reviewed by the Evaluations Office regarding the possible clearing of general education courses for graduation.

  3. English and speech courses on any evaluation report will be awarded elective credit only.

  4. Courses will only be used to satisfy major requirements with the approval of the department on a Modification of Major form.

  5. Courses will not be used for General Education Breadth or IGETC certifications.

  6. Official foreign transcripts will not be required by Cuyamaca College since the official transcripts are submitted to the evaluation service.

If you have questions regarding this procedure, please contact Lisa Di Bella at (619) 660-4343 or

Removing an institution from your record

If you incorrectly reported on your admissions application having attended any college or university, an official letter of non-attendance will be required in order to have the institution removed from your record at Cuyamaca College.  This applies to both domestic and international post-secondary institutions.  An official letter of non-attendance can be obtained from most institutions in place of an official transcript.  All documents must be delivered to Cuyamaca College in a sealed envelope in order to be considered official.

Translation service will be required if an official letter of non-attendance from any institution outside of the United States is issued in a language other than English.  

For translation service contact:

University Language – A free quote must be requested prior to getting an actual cost of services.

Call Toll Free in the US: 1-800-419-4601

Fax: 1-888-419-4601



 It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all required documents are submitted to the Admissions & Records office ahead of any deadlines that may affect enrollment, graduation, and eligibility for Financial Aid. 

  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District