Home » Student Services » Admissions & Records » High School Students

High School Students


Office: Admissions and Records
One Stop Center, Building A300
Title: Admissions and Records Specialist, Dual Enrollment & Title V

Due to COVID-19, Cuyamaca College is closed until further notice.

All high school paperwork can be submitted electronically via email to the email address above, however due to technology constraints paperwork may not be processed immediately. We will do our best to respond as quickly as possible to email inquiries.

Concurrent Enrollment

The Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District will provide opportunities for students to enroll in college courses at Cuyamaca College or Grossmont College while they are still enrolled in high school. Permission from the high school administrator and parental approval must be obtained prior to registering for classes.

Eligibility of Students

To be eligible for concurrent enrollment, students:

  1. Must be currently enrolled in high school: 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade.
  2. Must be determined by the high school principal (or designee) to have the ability to benefit from "advanced scholastic or vocational work."
  3. Have written parental approval (per the high school authorization form) prior to registering for classes.
Prospective students who do not meet each of these criteria will not be accepted for college admission. However, an appeal process is available through the Admissions and Records Office at Cuyamaca College, so inquire there. 

General Rules Regarding College Enrollment

  • High school students will be held to the same academic and conduct standards as any other college student enrolled in a class. Access to specific courses may be limited by space availability and/or course prerequisites. (See college catalog and class schedule for specific information.)
  • If a course requires a prerequisite, students must clear that requirement with proof of satisfactory completion of said prerequisite at the Cuyamaca College Counseling Office.
  • High school students will attend high school for at least the minimum high school day.
  • High School/College Credit (HS/CC) students may enroll for either day or extended day courses but are limited to a total of no more than 11.5 units. State law places a limit on the number of HS/CC students who may enroll in Exercise Science classes.
  • All classes taken at Cuyamaca College are for college credit. Enrollment in the HS/CC program will establish a permanent college record. Please be aware that all grades received or excessive drops have implications for future student status at this college, including financial aid assistance, athletic eligibility, etc.  Courses taken for college credit may be used to meet high school graduation requirements; however, this determination is made solely by the high school district.
  • High school students will need to provide transportation to and from the college, purchase a parking permit (if needed) and the required books and supplies for the college course(s).
  • Due to state and federal regulation, high school students taking concurrent enrollment courses with Cuyamaca College are treated like all other college students.  All college coursework is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) which allos release of academic information, including grades, to the student only - regardless of age.  Therefore, parents will not have the right to access or discuss educational records without the student present or without written consent or court order.


Plan Ahead.
Students should begin the process for concurrent enrollment at least one month before the semester or session of attendance. To enroll concurrently at the college, follow these procedures:

  1. Apply for Admission to Cuyamaca College. The application can be found on the Cuyamaca College homepage under the yellow "apply now" icon. Applications will remain active until the student misses two consecutive terms.
  2. Meet with your high school counselor or designee to:
  • Develop an educational program plan relating to the instructional program at the college
  • Select appropriate courses after the required prerequisites have been met.
  • If you have met the prerequisite requirements for a specific course, and need to have the requirements cleared, please contact the Cuyamaca College Counseling Office at 619-660-4448 for clearance.
  1. Complete the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization Form available on-line, at the college Admissions and Records Office or the high school counselor's office. The form can also be found on the Admissions and Records webpage under "forms."
  2. Obtain your parent's or guardian's signature on the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization Form.
  3. Present the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form to the Admissions and Records Office at Cuyamaca College after the application has been submitted.  Incomplete forms will not be processed. Forms can be faxed or emailed as well.
  4. If you are a home schooled student, you must provide a copy of an Affidavit for Homeschooling, filed with the Department of Education, at the time of submitting this form.  These affidavits are good for one year.  Any subsequent enrollment after this one year period will require an updated copy.
  5. English and mathematics placement is required for students taking English and mathematics courses. Students are required to complete the Math and English Placement Questionnaire through the webadvisor main menu.
  6. College counseling/advising services are provided to students through the Counseling Office.  
  7. Internet registration is available using WebAdvisor. If you need assistance with registration, please go to the Admissions and Records webpage to access video tutorials or click here for a step-by-step guide.
  8. If students require additional accommodations, Cuyamaca College does provide DSPS (Disabled Students Programs and Services), tutoring, and other support services for students.  Please inquire further for more information. 
  9. For more information on our high school program, please click here to view an informational "next steps" handout.


Enrollment fees are waived for California resident HS/CC students. HS/CC students are responsible for paying miscellaneous fees including: the Health Fee, Student Center Fee, Student Representation Fee and Non-Resident tuition, if applicable.

Parking Permits and Student Benefit Cards are optional for all students.  However, parking permits are required and enforced when parking on the Cuyamaca College campus.

California residents may be eligible for a fee waiver, but Federal financial aid grants are not available to high school students. (See the class schedule for specific information.)

Class Attendance

You must be present for the first class meeting instructors may drop you. In addition,  instructors may drop you for excessive absences. However, it is always the student's responsibility to drop the course before the published deadline if you no longer plan to attend.  Instructors are not required to drop students for non-attendance.  Please be sure to know the deadlines for your classes.  Semester length and short term classes have different deadlines.  These can be found on the Cuyamaca College Website under Quick Links-Class Schedule.  Click on the semester you wish to view deadline dates for, on the left hand side.

Additional Information

If you wish to continue your concurrent enrollment into the next college semester, you must complete a new High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form each term. A new Application for Admission is not required unless you remain inactive for two consecutive main semesters (fall and spring).

Courses taken for college credit may be used to meet high school graduation requirements. An official college transcript should be requested by the student and sent to the high school for graduation evaluation through your webadvisor account.

Spring semester classes typically end in early June; therefore, grades may not be available until mid-June. Please consider this fact when making plans for high school graduation.

After high school graduation: If you have been enrolled in the HS/CC program, or applied while in high school, you are eligible to continue your enrollment at Cuyamaca College. Please notify the Admissions and Records Office of your graduation so that your records can be updated.  NOTE: If you applied or enrolled in courses as a high school student, but have since graduated high school, our system will require proof of graduation before you will be able to register.  If you are 18 years of age prior to the first day of the semester you plan to attend, a "High School Change of Status Form" is all that is required.  This can be found on the forms depot of our Admissions and Records page and must be submitted to our office prior to registration.  If under 18 prior to the first day of the semester, a "High School Change of Status Form" along with proof of graduation, or impending graduation is required.  As a minor, the college is required to verify graduation status.  Sufficient proof to fulfill these criteria would include: a copy of a HS Diploma, a letter, with signature, from the HS Counselor verifying graduation or impending graduation, or a high school transcript with a graduation date listed.  For more information regarding this policy, please feel free to contact our office.

Dual Enrollment 

For more information about dual enrollment courses-specifically college courses being taught on your high school site- please click here.

  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District